- Breaking down Barriers of Access and Entry.
- Scale High-Touch Virtual Care Center.
- Chronic Care Management of Opioid Use Disorder.
- Serving Appalachia, Ensuring Access.
- Rural Workforce Revitalization.
- Development of the One-Health Initiatives.
- Public Outreach and Engagement.
- Research and Scholarship.
- Strategic Partnerships
- Post-graduate and Career Development of Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Care Managers, Administrators
Opioid Use Disorder is a Chronic Condition
“…addiction is a chronic neurological disorder and needs to be treated as other chronic conditions are”. Sylvia Mathews Burwell, Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
“Similar to other chronic conditions, a person with a serious substance use disorder often requires ongoing monitoring and management to maintain remission and to provide early re-intervention should the person relapse.”
Virtual Approach Summary
Overcoming Limits and Augmenting the Reach of Traditional Rehabilitation